Assisted living in Athens, Georgia
Oaks at Cedar Shoals offers assisted living services in Athens, GA, that are provided by compassionate care partners who are professionally trained and carefully selected for their knowledge and understanding of residents’ needs. Our assisted living apartments have been designed to encourage independent living while providing 24/7 access to team members and assistance with the activities of daily living. Here’s just some of what you can expect here:
- Private apartments
- 24-hour access to emergency call system and trained care partners
- Medication administration
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Restaurant-style dining
- Specialized diets and alternative menu choices
- On-site physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Social, educational, spiritual and recreational programs
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Pet friendly environment
To learn more about your loved one’s options, use the contact form on this page.
Provides all the comforts of home and encourages independent living.
- Purposeful Social Events to Combat Loneliness, Helplessness, and Boredom
- Ensure Overall Well-Being By Building Strong, Caring Relationships and Providing Frequent Check-Ins
- Emergency Call Systems and Trained Care Partners Ready to Serve, 24/7
- Meaningful Dining Experiences to Include Three Well-Balanced Meals Served Between the Hours of 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Two Snacks Daily
- Specialized Diets and Alternative Menu Choices
- All Utilities, Including Wi-Fi
- On-Site Wellness Center with Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Group Transportation for Scheduled Shopping, Dining, and Special Events
- Scheduled Transportation to Medical Appointments within a 10-mile Radius
- Daily Bed Making Supervision or Assistance, and Trash Removal
- Weekly Detailed Apartment Cleaning and Linen Service
Provides all Basic Level services, plus:
- Preparation of Soft Textured Diets
- Supervision or Assistance with Walking and Support with Wheelchair Mobility
- Verbal Encouragement to Take a Shower, Get Dressed, and Personal Grooming
Provides all Basic Level and Level Two services, plus:
- Supervision or Assistance with Taking a Shower, Getting Dressed, and Personal Grooming
- Supervision or Assistance Going to the Restroom, Including Assistance with Undergarments (Supplies Not Included)
- Supervision or Assistance Getting in and Out of Bed and/or Chair, or From One Seat to Another
- Support with Adaptive Dining Needs, Including the Use of Dining Utensils or Thickened Liquids
- Personal Laundry Services
Provides all levels of service and the following for residents needing a high level of care:
- Guidance to Maintain Proper Nutrition, Including Hand-Under-Hand Assistance with Dining
- Additional Care Partner If Needed to Assist with Taking a Shower, Getting Dressed, and Personal Grooming
- Additional Care Partner If Needed to Assist with Getting In and Out of Bed and/or Chair, or From One Seat to Another
- Extra Time Needed to Ensure Safety and Security of the Care Partnership Team or Additional Time for Personal Services
*Minimal assistance generally denotes requiring only one team member to effectively achieve the activity of daily living without fear of injury to the resident or team member.Contact Oaks at Cedar Shoals
What is assisted living?
It’s a combination of community living with personalized supportive services and some health care. This level of care is designed to meet the needs of Oaks at Cedar Shoals residents who need help with activities of daily living. The goal of assisted living is to ensure comfort and safety while preserving as much independence as possible.
How would I know if I need to transition to assisted living?
Rest assured, our team of interdisciplinary professionals will assist you in identifying your care needs. Assisted living options are ideal for residents who can still live independently but need extra assistance with certain activities of daily living — taking medication, bathing, dressing, meals, housekeeping, transportation and other everyday needs. Our team provides an individualized level of support while helping you maintain an active lifestyle filled with friends, neighbors and family.
What is assisted living like at Oaks at Cedar Shoals?
We aim to provide residents with an environment that supports and encourages the kind of life they want to live. By lending a helping hand with the activities of daily living that have become a challenge, you’ll find there’s more time and energy to give to the things that make your days bright.