Assisted Living in Beaufort, SC
The help you need to make the most of each day.
When living on your own is no longer safe or healthy, Oaks at Beaufort offers an ideal alternative. We offer four levels of assisted living services, so residents are able to maintain as much independence as possible while receiving just the right amount of care. Our professionally trained care partners get to know each resident’s needs and preferences, and are available around the clock to provide assistance with activities of daily living. With their needs taken care of, residents are free to enjoy their days and participate in the many activities available in the community.
Provides all the comforts of home and encourages independence:
- Social events to combat loneliness, helplessness and boredom
- Assurance of overall well-being through building strong, caring relationships and providing frequent check-ins
- Emergency call systems and trained care partners ready to serve 24/7
- Meaningful dining experiences to include three well-balanced meals served 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and two snacks daily
- Specialized diets and alternative menu choices
- All utilities, including Wi-Fi
- On-site wellness center with physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Group transportation for scheduled shopping, dining and special events
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments within a 10-mile radius
- Daily bed making supervision or assistance, and trash removal
- Weekly detailed apartment cleaning and linen service
Provides all Basic Level services, plus:
- Preparation of soft-textured foods
- Supervision or assistance with walking and support with wheelchair mobility
- Verbal encouragement to take a shower, get dressed, and handle personal grooming
Provides all Basic Level and Level Two services, plus:
- Supervision or assistance with taking a shower, getting dressed, and personal grooming
- Supervision or assistance going to the restroom, including assistance with undergarments (supplies not included)
- Supervision or assistance getting in and out of bed and/or chair, or from one seat to another
- Support with adaptive dining needs, including the use of dining utensils or thickened liquids
- Personal laundry services
Provides all levels of service and the following for residents needing a higher level of care:
- Guidance to maintain proper nutrition, including hand-under-hand assistance with dining
- Additional care partner if needed to assist with taking a shower, getting dressed, and personal grooming
- Additional care partner if needed to assist with getting in and out of bed and/or chair, or from one seat to another
- Extra time needed to ensure safety and security of the care partnership team or additional time for personal services
*Minimal assistance generally denotes requiring only one team member to effectively achieve the activity of daily living without fear of injury to the resident or team member.Contact Oaks at Beaufort
What is assisted living?
It’s a combination of community living with personalized supportive services and some health care. This level of care is designed to meet the needs of Oaks at Beaufort residents who need help with activities of daily living. The goal of assisted living is to ensure comfort and safety while preserving as much independence as possible.
How would I know if I need to transition to assisted living?
Rest assured, our team of interdisciplinary professionals will assist you in identifying your care needs. Assisted living options are ideal for residents who can still live independently but need extra assistance with certain activities of daily living — taking medication, bathing, dressing, meals, housekeeping, transportation and other everyday needs. Our team provides an individualized level of support while helping you maintain an active lifestyle filled with friends, neighbors and family.
What is assisted living like at Oaks at Beaufort?
We aim to provide residents with an environment that supports and encourages the kind of life they want to live. By lending a helping hand with the activities of daily living that have become a challenge, you’ll find there’s more time and energy to give to the things that make your days bright.
What if I need more than what’s provided in assisted living?
At Oaks at Beaufort, we also offer memory care for loved ones living with memory loss. Staff members receive specialized training, and programs are personalized to meet individual needs. Our secure memory care neighborhood offers residents freedom of movement in a comfortable, homelike setting.