Assisted Living in Douglasville, Georgia
Our caregivers and team members are selected for their dedication of enriching the lives of others in a professional and caring manner. Oaks at Douglasville is designed for an active lifestyle, but also provides support and assistance when needed. Our approach to assisted living includes a “person-centered lifestyle” which satisfies the unique preferences and needs of residents and moves away from an overly structured approach. This lifestyle encourages independence and personal choice to ensure that each resident enjoys the highest quality of life possible. We offer four levels of assisted living services, so individuals receive the assistance they need while enjoying their independence.
Our basic level of personal care provides all the comforts of home and encourages independent living.
- Purposeful Social Events to Combat Loneliness, Helplessness, and Boredom
- Ensure Overall Well-Being By Building Strong, Caring Relationships and Providing Frequent Check-Ins
- Emergency Call Systems and Trained Care Partners Ready to Serve, 24/7
- Meaningful Dining Experiences to Include Three Well-Balanced Meals Served Between the Hours of 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Two Snacks Daily
- Specialized Diets and Alternative Menu Choices
- All Utilities, Including Wi-Fi
- On-Site Wellness Center with Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Group Transportation for Scheduled Shopping, Dining, and Special Events
- Scheduled Transportation to Medical Appointments within a 10-mile Radius
- Daily Bed Making Supervision or Assistance, and Trash Removal
- Weekly Detailed Apartment Cleaning and Linen Service
Provides the Basic Level services, plus:
- Preparation of Soft Textured Diets
- Supervision or Assistance with Walking and Support with Wheelchair Mobility
- Verbal Encouragement to Take a Shower, Get Dressed, and Personal Grooming
Provides the Basic Level and Level Two services, plus:
- Supervision or Assistance with Taking a Shower, Getting Dressed, and Personal Grooming
- Supervision or Assistance Going to the Restroom, Including Assistance with Undergarments (Supplies Not Included)
- Personal Laundry Services
- Supervision or Assistance Getting in and Out of Bed and/or Chair, or From One Seat to Another
- Support with Adaptive Dining Needs, Including the Use of Dining Utensils or Thickened Liquids
Provides all levels of service and the following for residents needing a higher level of care:
- Guidance to Maintain Proper Nutrition, Including Hand-Under-Hand Assistance with Dining
- Additional Care Partner If Needed to Assist with Taking a Shower, Getting Dressed, and Personal Grooming
- Additional Care Partner If Needed to Assist with Getting In and Out of Bed and/or Chair, or From One Seat to Another
- Extra Time Needed to Ensure Safety and Security of the Care Partnership Team or Additional Time for Personal Services
*Minimal assistance generally denotes requiring only one team member to effectively achieve the activity of daily living without fear of injury to the resident or team member.Oaks at Douglasville Pricing
What is assisted living?
It’s a combination of community living with personalized supportive services and some health care. This level of care is designed to meet the needs of Oaks at Douglasville residents who need help with activities of daily living. The goal of assisted living is to ensure comfort and safety while preserving as much independence as possible.
How would I know if I need to transition to an assisted living facility?
Rest assured, our team of interdisciplinary professionals will assist you in identifying your long term care needs. Assisted living options are ideal for residents who can still live independently but need extra assistance with certain activities of daily living — taking medication, bathing, dressing, meals, housekeeping, transportation and other everyday needs. Our team provides an individualized level of support while helping you maintain an active lifestyle filled with friends, neighbors and family.
What is assisted living like at Oaks at Douglasville?
We aim to provide residents with an environment that supports and encourages the kind of life they want to live. By lending a helping hand with the activities of daily living that have become a challenge, you’ll find there’s more time and energy to give to the things that make your days bright.