Horizons Memory Care in
Our compassionate team members receive education and training specific to the challenges and needs of residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. The Oaks at Grove Park community’s specialized and secure environment, Horizons Memory Care, ensures that individuals receive care that is tailored to their specific needs, preferences, and abilities. We encourage residents to live with dignity and individuality while being provided the comfort and care that they deserve.
Designed for Comfort & Safety
With a bright, open, and comfortable setting, dining and family rooms in our Horizons Memory Care wings minimize agitation and confusion. Our design is simple with easy to find living spaces, common areas, and gardens so that residents are at ease, safe, and have the freedom to enjoy their lives.
Emulation of a Typical Day
Our day begins with a feeling of accomplishment as residents assist with the setup of the dining room for breakfast. After enjoying breakfast with peers and neighbors, residents get moving with yoga or chair exercises. Throughout the day, there are a variety of activities that keep residents active and engaged. Specially designed memory and life enrichment areas take residents back in time to the days they hold and cherish the most.
Our Horizons Memory Care Community Director leads activities that incorporate each residents’ history, personal preferences, and abilities into individualized care plans, enabling the highest quality of life possible.
Encouraging Family Involvement
In our Horizons Memory Care community, the best part of our community is the family atmosphere that is created when family members are involved in the everyday lives of their loved ones. We have always believed in togetherness, and we value the important role it plays at Oaks at Grove Park. Throughout our community, we strive to create a personalized, one-of-a-kind memory care community serving Columbus, Georgia, and the surrounding areas.
Horizons Memory Care Amenities
Horizons is dedicated to providing an enriching environment for those with Alzheimer’s and other related dementias. With specialized programming that is individual in its approach and unique in its design, Horizons creates a positive environment that soothes and enriches.
- Three Well-Balanced, Delicious Meals and Two Snacks Daily
- Individualized Dietary and Nutrition Supervision
- Daily Scheduled Activities and Social Events
- Individualized Activities Based On a Resident’s Social History
- Supervision and Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Quarterly Health Monitoring and Medication Review
- Medication Administration
- General Monitoring of Residents’ Functioning and Condition Level
- All Utilities (Excluding Telephone and Cable)
- Daily Spot Cleaning and Trash Removal from Apartments
- Weekly Detailed Room Cleaning
- Personal Laundry Services
- Secured Outdoor Courtyard with Walking and Sitting Area